Recommendation on Modern Looking Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AliceO

Dec 12, 2021
New York
Greetings! I'm looking for help finding an insert that has a flat front (doesn't stick out from the hearth). Besides that, my top priority is a large firebox view, followed by efficiency and ease of cleaning. I've spent days going through the EPA list and so far my top two options are the Morso 5660 for its simple look (21x11 inch firebox view), and the Superior Fire WCT6940WS (think this also goes by "Montecito Estate CAT") for the size (31x11 inch firebox view)... are there any concerns / things to be aware of for either of these two stoves? And separately, are there other models that you'd recommend?

Thank you in advance!! :)

HI Alice,

Curious what model have you gone with and how well does it work? Do you use it as your primary heat source ?
I really like look of Morso 5660 but it doesn't qualify for the 26% tax credit. Bummer. So i am still looking for one for my renovation.

You might also look at the Lopi Large Flush insert. That is what I have. It sits flush and has a very large viewing area (the glass is 24" W x 13" H). It is non-cat, if that matters to you. I wanted non-cat for the nice looking flames with the secondary burners. It does a great job heating and is very efficient, though not efficient enough to qualify for the tax credit.

KIMG1272.JPG

Reactions: PaulOinMA