Recommendations for a Convection stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

31 bertram

Dec 19, 2012
Gulf Shores, Al.
Years ago I bought my first woodstove, it was a wood circulator (Wonder Wood) which was a metal box inside of a thinner outside box which pushed the air out and this stove was very efficient and kept the far bedrooms warm. So later I ended up buying a VC 2550 which has been pretty good over the years but it's not convection stove and even setting up fans this stove never performed like the old convection circulator stove. I may be moving to another place and leaving this old VC 2550 with the next owners. My question is: do they make good convection stoves that push the air out? Maybe even one that works with a blower fan? If so which ones?
Thanks

I just started a thread about that. Briefly, I find the back bedrooms of my ranch layout are warmest (the temperature differential between the stove room and bedrooms is lower) when I use both the convective fans on my stove _and_ an inexpensive box fan gently pushing cold air along the hallway floor towards my stove room. In my particular situation the fan on the stove is more helpful to me than the box fan on the floor. Every install is different. Stay tuned, and feel free to chime in at the fan thread.

Reactions: 31 bertram