Recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsquini

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 8, 2009
North Shore, MA
I know nothing about pellet stoves. What brand, size and/or accessories would you recommend?

We want to heat 2,500sqft. We have 8ft ceiling. The house is newly insulated and also new Windows. We have an existing fireplace chimney that we will be venting it with.

What brand of stove dealers are in your area? Having a reputable dealer is first and formost, for after the sale help. There are a variety of stove brands and sizes, that would fit the bill for what you want to do. kap

North Shore MA certainly provides you with most all of the manufacturers having relationships with storefront dealers.

What's your price point? Sounds like you're looking for a fireplace insert model. Where is the fireplace located? Central to the house? Good air flow between rooms? Central Staircase?

If you've got big bucks, the Harman Accentra 52i just about gets to the space needs. You'll probably have some cold spots in the house, and depending on the size of the fireplace room that may be a bit warm. That's with almost all installations though...

http://www.harmanstoves.com/Products/Accentra-52i-Pellet-Insert.aspx

Harman are known for being very reliable, and there is an excellent dealer network in the NorthEast (I've been very happy dealing with Higgins Energy Alternatives in Barre MA). They'll burn just about any pellet without complaint, have oversized ash hoppers (reducing the need to clean it out as often), and tend to be on the lower end of the background noise spectrum. And they're pretty.

Others will certainly chime in on this...

Status
Not open for further replies.