Red flags

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MongoMongoson

Feeling the Heat
Feb 6, 2021
Wisconsin
Ever see anything in a supposedly educational wood burning article that makes you really not want to continue reading? I was Googling the combustion temperature of creosote when I found this:

It is an old article but the pic at the top of it immediately threw a red flag..

Now, I used to practice a similar regimen to that mentioned in the article with my old stove back when I had wet wood and an 8" square clay tile, exterior, uninsulated chimney for my pre-EPA stove with the 6" outlet. Make creosote all day and night but then let 'er rip for an hour once in the morning and once when I got home from work. It worked pretty well, but I wouldn't recommend anyone else do it.