red hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laura

Dec 1, 2007
UK
should my scan turn the metal edges of the smoke deflector red? It did so I turned all the dampers down. Correct?>

I haven't burned in a Scan, but they are good stoves. Turning the dampers all down may be too much. Some stoves do glow red on their secondary tubes or baffles when hot. That is not necessarily a bad thing. A better guide is a thermometer on the stove so that one knows some relative temperatures for the fire.

okay thanks
Did speak to the installer who thought that it was running too hot but of course he wasnt on the end of the phone when you needed to ask the question!

Thanks - it is inset so only has glass front panel....Do they make thermometres for such models?

Status
Not open for further replies.