Red Oak And Pine Basking In The Sun

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Not the stash most of you folks have but it won't be cold in this house this winter.

Red oak to feed the Englander and pine to feed the Jotuls.

Attachments

• 2007 oak.jpg
    2007 oak.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 800
  • 2007 pine.jpg
    2007 pine.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 756
Talk about picking favorites. One dog gets the T-bones and the others get dry dog food. :lol:
Fine looking stack of fuel BroBart.

Jags said:
Talk about picking favorites. One dog gets the T-bones and the others get dry dog food. :lol:
Fine looking stack of fuel BroBart.

Yeah the big'un runs 24/7 most of the winter but the Jotuls just heat the office during the day and the small warehouse a few times a week. So somebody is around most of the time to feed the Jotuls. And on below thirty degree mornings we want them little puppies to get hot fast.

Brother Bart, nothin warms the heart like a fine lookin stack of wood. Pine, oak, used right they all have their purpose. Thanks for the pics, I feel a peace comin over me now...

I don't know when at time your are plain Joking, but from the look of those stacks your are not ready to join the over the hill gang yet.

then again I don't know how many wiskey's it took and asprin

Looks like a pile 'o money and a warm behind to me, BB.

elkimmeg said:
I don't know when at time your are plain Joking, but from the look of those stacks your are not ready to join the over the hill gang yet.

Most of it was done in April and May. I would like to double the size of the stacks by the end of October to have a year ahead. I seriously don't see more than two more years of wood cutting in this old guy's future. Fortunately there is a commercial firewood processor a couple of miles from here. I have passed by there for twenty years and haven't stopped. I think this fall I will stop and introduce myself.

The production effort is driven by AB Natural Light. Can't stand to take pills so no asprin involved. I have always figured that pain is natures way of telling you to stop doing something. And besides I have enough pills in my future I bet so I ain't starting yet.

BrotherBart said:
elkimmeg said:

Most of it was done in April and May. I would like to double the size of the stacks by the end of October to have a year ahead. I seriously don't see more than two more years of wood cutting in this old guy's future. Fortunately there is a commercial firewood processor a couple of miles from here. I have passed by there for twenty years and haven't stopped. I think this fall I will stop and introduce myself.

The production effort is driven by AB Natural Light. Can't stand to take pills so no asprin involved. I have always figured that pain is natures way of telling you to stop doing something. And besides I have enough pills in my future I bet so I ain't starting yet.

Nope. Pain is weakness leaving the body :)

myzamboni said:
Pain is weakness leaving the body :)

Well then my back is draining a ton of weakness out of my body every day. How long before I will be able to bench press a Volvo?

BB then you completely understand my obsession get as much ahead as possible so that if I slow down I can prolong the envitable

Plus if a Slow down, I have seasoned wood ahead and can last a bit longer, just replacing what I use, though at a slower pace.

The excitement grows thin after 30 plus years of doing it. It becomes more and more a chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.