Regency 2450

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
I’m looking at the the regency 2450 to install. What are people’s feelings on this stove?

Is the 2400 the same as the 2450?
The 2450 is the updated, 2020 compliant version of the 2400. It has the same firebrick layout, but looks like they added a smoke deflector on top of the baffle. The 2400 is a tough tank of the stove, so I suspect this will be too.

The 2450 is the updated, 2020 compliant version of the 2400. It has the same firebrick layout, but looks like they added a smoke deflector on top of the baffle. The 2400 is a tough tank of the stove, so I suspect this will be too.
Will this new smoke baffle cause major backdrafting. We are having this happen and can not even light a fire or add log with out smoke pouring back into the cottage. Very disappointed as our 20 year old model caused us little to no problems. Talked with the techs and they told us to leave the door open longer and damper full open before fully opening door to add log. Tired of the smoke problem.

Will this new smoke baffle cause major backdrafting. We are having this happen and can not even light a fire or add log with out smoke pouring back into the cottage. Very disappointed as our 20 year old model caused us little to no problems. Talked with the techs and they told us to leave the door open longer and damper full open before fully opening door to add log. Tired of the smoke problem.
See responses in the other thread on the smoke issue.