Regency 3100 install issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruralx

Dec 4, 2014
Ontario
Hey All, has anyone here installed a Regency f3100 stove with selkirk DSP? My issue seems to be that the Airmate shield and the stove adapter pipe aren't compatible with each other. There's no way to slip it over and it can't sit on top. Any help is appreciated.

Don't use the stove adapter piece.
Your first section of DSP should work fine.
The OD should fit in the Airmate & the ID should fit in the flue collar.

Don't use the stove adapter piece.
Your first section of DSP should work fine.
The OD should fit in the Airmate & the ID should fit in the flue collar.

That's what I thought, but my first piece is the telescoping piece and while the inner sleeve will fit the stove, the outer piece is about 1/8th too small to slide over the stove collar. But you are right the O/D of the pipe fits the Airmate shield. Wondering if I should return the DSP and try and wait for my local stove store to get in a shipment of the Excel Double Black. Its quite a bit more expensive though.

we use ventis pipe and their stove adapter works fine with the air mate the outer pipe sits on top of the air mate but the inner extends far enough into the collar that it is not a problem. Don't know if you have access to ventis or not but i know it works

I think my only options are the ICC or the Selkirk. Doesn't seem to be anything else up here. I've called numerous stove places in my area and they all tell me the same thing. They are having issues getting stove pipe because of high demand. I figured I could make do with the Selkirk DSP, but so far nothing seems to be working out. Im wondering if I could make a slit in the lower part of the outer pipe in order to taper it enough to get the Airmate Shield over it. Or is this a bad idea?

I would sooner trim the outer layer down a bit so the inner pipe could extend down further

Then again, you could always bench the Airmate ID to fit. It's not a critical dimension on that optional accessory...

That would work fine to but it is pretty think metal it would not be that easy

That would work fine to but it is pretty think metal it would not be that easy

Agreed, but it's a one time thing.0
A Dumore Air grinder with some coarse grit spiral bands...
AND wearing a face shield...
Maybe 20 minutes, depending on how much has to come out of there...
The OP didn't say how much interference there is...

Yeah it can absolutly be done but personally i would choose trimming the pipe a little but either would work fine

Then again, you could always bench the Airmate ID to fit. It's not a critical dimension on that optional accessory...

Yeah, I thought about that. As bholler mentioned, it's quite thick and I'd need a good 1/8th to make it fit. Figured it would be easier putting a slit in the outer pipe and tapering it. Thanks for all the responses and ideas, but Im leaning towards trimming or tapering the adapter to fit

Status
Not open for further replies.