Regency Clean Face

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchrapp

Aug 6, 2013
VA
I moved into a house with a GTI/HNG 6000DVG direct vent gas fireplace that doesn't work. The previous owner has multiple invoices from over the years attempting to fix it. I think I better just replace it since I would like to add a stone surround to the fireplace area. Based on lurking in these forums, Regency seems to be a decent brand with a good bang to buck ratio and I like their clean face P33CE. In fact, their picture here is almost exactly what I am looking for in the stone surround as well. Any thoughts on the P33CE? Any recommended installers in the northern VA area?

PanoramaP33CE-A-610x340-jpg.aspx

What would be a reasonable price for this plus install? Would that include removal of the GTI fireplace?

I moved into a house with a GTI/HNG 6000DVG direct vent gas fireplace that doesn't work. The previous owner has multiple invoices from over the years attempting to fix it. I think I better just replace it since I would like to add a stone surround to the fireplace area. Based on lurking in these forums, Regency seems to be a decent brand with a good bang to buck ratio and I like their clean face P33CE. In fact, their picture here is almost exactly what I am looking for in the stone surround as well. Any thoughts on the P33CE? Any recommended installers in the northern VA area?

PanoramaP33CE-A-610x340-jpg.aspx

What would be a reasonable price for this plus install? Would that include removal of the GTI fireplace
Can't help you with the price of the unit & venting - which is not compatible with the stuff you have with the 6000 - but from experience,
the tear-out & install of the new unit will take the better part of a full work day. That doesn't include the new surround. A guess? $5-6K,
maybe more, maybe less...Depends on the hourly rate your installer charges for at least a two man crew, & what you decide on for the
facing...

Status
Not open for further replies.