Regency F2400 Leak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacksmith

Hearth Supporter
Jan 5, 2010
uppermidwest
I have a regency F2400 that has an issue: When the blower is running and I open the door, smoke comes out the blower. It doesn't happen immediately, perhaps 15-20 seconds later. Yes, damper is open before opening door.

With the blower off, it draws perfectly and never belches smoke. I certainly can't see anywhere it could be leaking draft back by the motor. I took the blower off and didn't see any carbon staining on the back of stove or inside blower duct.

Bad weld inside the stove somewhere? I have not taken firebricks out and inspected inside yet...been too cold to let a stove cool down.

Thanks in advance.

How long has this been happening for? It could be draft is decreasing because the cap or top of the pipe is starting plug up.

Can you describe the flue setup on the stove? Is the flue collar joint with the connector pipe sealed with cement?

I have noticed it more in the past couple weeks. I was also home more than usual over the holidays, and burned more wood. The whole flue was cleaned the day after christmas, both inside and outside pipes.

6inch double wall for 36 inches inside. 15 ft triple wall outside. Two 90* bends. Flue damper just above stove flange.
Stack height is good for stove/number of elbows, and exceeds code for roof height.

Pipe is not sealed to the flange, but has never leaked there. A leak at that joint would likely be with door and damper closed? No?

I have been dealing with this by simply shutting off the blower before I open the door. Company over the holidays couldn't grasp this technical detail, or opening the damper for that matter. It was a smokey christmas...even after I said "No one touches my stove anymore."

Status
Not open for further replies.