Regency Gas Insert Blower Squeal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mattedfred

Hello,

Sorry for the newbie first post and stupid question but my search results haven't helped me find the answer.

We have a Regency gas insert fireplace and the squirrel cage blower is making that squealing noise. I've found some YouTube videos on how to lubricate the bearings once it's been removed but I can't figure out how to remove ours without taking out the entire insert.

It seems to squeal after the fireplace has been turned off and everything is cooling down.

Appreciate any assistance.

Well, I found the manual online and managed to remove the blower fan assembly but can’t seem to figure out how to remove the motor from the squirrel cage assembly so I can lubricate the bearings. The screw heads and nuts don’t seem to be accessible.

Any advice?

1732E4C4-823C-4357-96E7-2897D8DF5395.jpeg
AA9B6972-A201-434C-A552-AC366DFA4C02.jpeg
1732E4C4-823C-4357-96E7-2897D8DF5395.jpeg