Regency i3100L hum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jttoad1968

Oct 31, 2019
Northern New Jersey
Hello,

We just had our new Regency i3100L insert installed today and are on our second small break in fire. I noticed that when closing the draft control partially I am getting a slight hum. This is our first insert/stove. Is this normal? It is a little annoying.

Thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the side of the unit. There may be a small hole by the air lever that brings in some level of air. just need to disrupt the air flow around the opening. Some have used a magnet placed around the hole...

It should subside once the stove gets hot enough. My i2400 does the same when it’s not up to temp yet.

Thank you both. I don’t see the hole. Hopefully it will subside as you mentioned when gets hotter. We have only done the three small fires so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk