Regency in the house, (F1100 install with pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WES999

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2008
Mass north of Boston
Regency install

Last Sunday I finally finished installing my Regency F1100 (1.4cu.ft fire box, 55K BTU). Some of you may remember I picked up the stove and hearth pad last fall, from an as on Craig’s list for the sum of $250.

Here are some pics of the install, all and all it went quite well, no major problems to speak of. The forum was a great help as it provided much information, pics and examples.

I purchased the chimney components online form Dynamite buys, their pricing was quite good and free shipping.

When framing the support box, I had to use a hydraulic jack to push back one of the ceiling joist as it was somewhat warped. I used wood screws for everything so I could make adjustments if necessary. This turned out to be a good idea as a few things need some minor repositioning.

Support box installed. I used some scrap wood screwed to the ceiling to hold the box in place.

I installed the 4’ chimney pipe and used a level placed against the outside of the pipe to mark the hole in the roof, then I drilled a bunch of 3/8 holes. I then used a sawzall to cut the hole in the roof. I had to go back and enlarge the hole in a few places to achieve the required 2” clearance.

I pried up the shingles on the upper half of the roof hole and installed the flashing; I used some polyurethane roof caulk to seal the flashing. I sealed up the storm collar with hi temp silicone and installed the cap, chimney was done.

On the inside I used Simson DVL double wall pipe, I used a telescoping section and 2 45* elbows to position the stove where I wanted it. It went together with no problems.

I am quite pleased with the result, and the price was right, the complete install, stove and chimney cost just over $1000.

All that’s left now is to have the stove inspected.

Attachments

• Picture 126.jpg
    Picture 126.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 799
  • Picture 129.jpg
    Picture 129.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 787
  • Picture 145.jpg
    Picture 145.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 799
  • Picture 146.jpg
    Picture 146.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 783
  • Picture 148.jpg
    Picture 148.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 733
Nice job. Some real encouragement for borderline DIYers. It will probably pay for itself this first season, and there's nothing like staring at a nice, warm fire - even if it's inside a steel box!

MarkG

Status
Not open for further replies.