Regency thermostat bracket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MattEffinCameron

Nov 1, 2022
new england
Please, someone stop the madness.

We bought a regency HI-500... Though I assume this is exactly the same on the CI2700. It came with the digital thermostat to tell you when the flue is reaching 500° so you can kick on the combuster... And this metal bracket on the side to hold the thermostat.

But I can't for the life of me figure out what this thermostat has to do with the bracket.

The thermostat is a smooth plastic unit with no indentations or slots which would allow you to mount it to the bracket.

The bracket on the other hand is a simple el bracket that comes out from the side of the faceplate, And it has a slot and a couple indentations which look like they were put there for a reason but appear to in no way correspond any sort of feature on the thermostat.

So basically you put the thermostat between the faceplate and the bracket and then push the bracket in and hope that there's enough friction and resistance to hold the thermostat up... Which they're barely is because it's a straight sided smooth plastic thermostat... So it's almost impossible for this vertical bracket to grab onto anything when you slide it in tight.

What am I missing here? How are these two supposed to mount together?
20221220_173029.jpg
20221220_173026.jpg

Please, someone stop the madness.

We bought a regency HI-500... Though I assume this is exactly the same on the CI2700. It came with the digital thermostat to tell you when the flue is reaching 500° so you can kick on the combuster... And this metal bracket on the side to hold the thermostat.

But I can't for the life of me figure out what this thermostat has to do with the bracket.

The thermostat is a smooth plastic unit with no indentations or slots which would allow you to mount it to the bracket.

The bracket on the other hand is a simple el bracket that comes out from the side of the faceplate, And it has a slot and a couple indentations which look like they were put there for a reason but appear to in no way correspond any sort of feature on the thermostat.

So basically you put the thermostat between the faceplate and the bracket and then push the bracket in and hope that there's enough friction and resistance to hold the thermostat up... Which they're barely is because it's a straight sided smooth plastic thermostat... So it's almost impossible for this vertical bracket to grab onto anything when you slide it in tight.

What am I missing here? How are these two supposed to mount together?View attachment 305664View attachment 305665
There is a self adhesive Velcro pad included to mount the box to the bracket. The noth on the end is to hang the tool from

Bless your soul.

The sweep was doing the install must have missed / discarded that piece of velcro. He actually commented to me during the install that he thought the bracket was weird since there was no real way to attach the thermostat. I commented, it's like it needs a piece of velcro or something to hold it there. He said you probably couldn't use Velcro because of the temperature is the bracket reaches being attached to the stove like that.

Makes much more sense!

I will grab a piece of velcro :)

Reactions: bholler