Reliance by Vermont Castings Temp Knob

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WannaBeDIY

Sep 8, 2021
Arnold, CA
I think I broke the temp knob on my Reliance pellet stove. When turning the knob, you are supposed to stop when you feel resistance. Well, I turned it too far. Since then, the speed of the pellets cannot be regulated. I know that speed issues are normally a thermocoupler problem but the problems started when I turned the knob too far. Has anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix the knob mechanism?

You may have broken the potentiometer that controls stove in local mode. It is a 10K ohm linear taper miniature.
You can pull the little control assembly up by removing the two screws that hold it in place. Once you see it, order a replacement from Mouser or one of the other online electronic parts suppliers.
If you search the forum, I responded to someone else who had a question as to the wiring of the control panel assembly.
Good luck