Reminder to Harman stove users:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
Especially those older stoves with many tons put through them.
Every yearly cleaning I pull the auger and inspect the tube for the sticky gooey stuff that could potentially cause a hopper fire.
3-4 yrs ago I replaced the auger in my 2004 -P-38 because the tip had been burned off and disintegrated . That of course was after about 10 years of use.
At that time I saw the yellowish/brown gooey stuff all the way back to the hopper opening. I cleaned it good and since after burning approx 4 tons each season , I only have to clean about an inch back from the burnpot. I do burn on low a lot so this may or may not have anything to do with it .
It adds another hour to the yearly cleaning but it gives me peace of mind knowing my auger and tube has no build up in it.
This reminder might also be helpful for most other brands .

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.