Removing main burner form gas fireplace Model # INDVR-IFT (Intrepid DV ) Vermont Casting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jorgeusa

Oct 2, 2023
Oregon
I have ab rand new stove that I need to convert to propain

In the manual it states that there would be three 3/8 hex screws at the bottom holding the burner in place ..
I don't see those crews - instead I see 3 brass 'inserts" sticking out - making me believe the burner is using some sort of snaps to be held in place Now

- I really don't like to add force to the burner plate to remove it

Any idea what changed and how to remove the main burner ? Do they still use the 3 x 3/8 screws from the bottom ?

Any inputs are greatly appreciated

Georg

Last edited:
There ARE (3) 3/8” hex nuts holding the burner in place. The burner has threaded studs that penetrate through the bottom of the firebox. They are not easy to access, but if you use a mirror, you should be able to see them.