Replacement part 160-1133 for VC 0044

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jggedd

Dec 18, 2022
Massachusetts
Hello,
We have been using a Vermont Castings insert (0044) since the 1980s. We need to replace several parts but, apparently, the "Fire Brick-Special" (part number 160-1133) is no longer made. Does anyone have any suggestions about where I can find this part or if there is a substitute available that we can use instead? Thank you.

We have a VC 0044 available in central Berkshire County, MA, until an installer takes it away when he installs a new unit some time after 2024 January 15 (weather dependent). We never burned it much and have not used it in over a decade. As far as I know, the only thing missing is the electric cord for the blowers but I believe the blowers still work. Otherwise, it probably has whatever parts you need. Convince us that you can move the unit out without damaging our home and it is yours for $200. It is ready to move. Alternatively, pay us now and we will have the installer move it to our garage from where you can retrieve it. Without payment, it leaves with the installer.