Replacing a Blaze King Cat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aansorge

Minister of Fire
Aug 12, 2011
Southern Minnesota
I purchased a replacement cat from FireCat for my Blaze King King. I took the old one out. No problem. I cleaned up around the cat area and am attempting to push the cat in. It is a VERY tight fit and I can't seem to push it all the way in.

The FireCat comes with the gasket on and wrapped in tape. Worse yet, I pulled it back out to inspect some more and the gasket appears to be tearing.

Tips?

Is the whole area clean? I put a Firecat in my sister's stove, and it slid right in. I had the bypass out, and the little stamped brackets that hold the bypass in place. Cleaned it all up with a wire brush and vacuum, and slid the new one right in. It should feel a little loose, actually. The gasket will expand to hold it in place.

You can leave the masking tape on holding the gasket in place. It will burn off.

I'll try cleaning it up better....it seemed pretty clean though. I don't need to take the bypass out though, do I?

No, but take the pieces out that hold the damper in place to clean behind them. The damper itself comes out thru the cat hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.