Replacing "glass" on p24

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nhyrum

Dec 6, 2016
loc
Well, I was being a dumb@$$ today cleaning my stove, getting a little rough because this last batch of pellets I bought is 100 percent ash. They're awful. So trying to clean all the soot out(nearing the end of my first ton) banging stuff... The glass (I know, it's not actually glass, but a ceramic) broke. Into 4 pieces. Stove going cold and electric baseboard heaters going hot *sigh* until I get a replacement...

My question is, do I need to order a gasket as well? The door gasket is fine, but I'm assuming I need to replace the rope gasket for the glass? What size do I get?

I apologize if this has been asked, but I did use Google AND search here

My take is that if you have to replace the glass anyway, might as well do the gasket.

Sorry, don't have your stove so don't really know where you would get it or what size but you might want to contact a Breckwell dealer to see if they have the information,