Replacing material on Harman Insert frame slide bracket for easy servicing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
I just could not grin and bear it any longer!
So I cut off the worm and tattered material on the old Accentra Insert runners and replaced it!
How does it look?

Anyone else do this??

Attachments

• 5525EFB9-7EA9-4EAC-9049-0D8319684864.jpeg
    5525EFB9-7EA9-4EAC-9049-0D8319684864.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 04056C24-4CE8-4A2F-9609-92C0E2CCD212.jpeg
    04056C24-4CE8-4A2F-9609-92C0E2CCD212.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: Ssyko
Oh yes very much so honestly I’ve taken it off and just left the bare metal it slides better
Yeah I did the same thing last year, but I’m a bit worried about corrosion sticking the surfaces together and making the stove hard to slide out.

Don2222, where did you find the new material?

Yeah I did the same thing last year, but I’m a bit worried about corrosion sticking the surfaces together and making the stove hard to slide out.

Don2222, where did you find the new material?
It is Graphite Impregnated Flat self stick gasket used for hopper lids and ash pans. Works great and slides easy!

Reactions: Mt Bob

Same here. I took it off and left it off, quite a few years ago. I found that all it did was bunch up and jam the insert when I tried to push it back in. In my application, I don't have to worry about corrosion, but in others I can see where it could be a concern - like in an older chimney. I would think a small amount of anti-seize would effectively prevent that from happening.