Replacing temperature probe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capecod

Feb 22, 2008
"on Cape"
Hi, I have a Harman P68, and have figured out that I have to replace my temperature probe. Right now I have it on stove temp so the heat stays regulated. In room temp, I have 4 blinks..., sometimes a steady red light but the temp is not "true." Is iit easy to replace the probe myself? Thanks In advance, Marina

Yes, it is easy to replace, it is just 2 wires that plug into the back of the stove.

If the wires don't have connectors on the ends, have your dealer put them on for you.

Attachments

• Your Stove.jpg
    Your Stove.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 409
Room sensor 3-20-00906.

Cats love chewing the ends of them. Kinda like crack for cats.

Eric

I'm thinking about extending my temperature probe as well. What do I need to make this happen? Thanks!

2 male and 2 female connectors. length of thermostat wire. Sit down and figure where you plan to run the wire. My stove is in the corner of a 12x18 room. I ran the wire under the floor to the opposite corner of the room. When I set the stove at 70 deg. the probe will maintain 70 deg. plus or minus 2 deg. Your results may vary.
Jim

Where would I get the connectors?

I have a 14' cable and connectors... Can I use any temperature sensor at the opposite ends of the stove?

I don't want to mess with the original temp wire... Just in case I screw this up.

MacP
The Harman Temp probe has a male and a female connector on It .All you will be doing Is making a new wire lets say 14 feet long and lets say there are two wires in it one red and one black. Place one female connector on each end of the red wire Now place one male connector on each end of the black wire.Connect the male end from the temp probe to the female connector on the wire you just made Connect the female end from the temp probe to the male connector on the same end of the wire you made up. You now have a 20 foot wire with the temp probe on one end and a male and a female plug on the other end.Plug these into the stove and VOLA it works
Jim

Thanks Jim! I appreciate the explanation that you posted. It's plugged in and it seems to be working. No blinking lights. And the fire is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.