Q&A Replacing Wood w/Pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

My husband has his heart set on a pellet stove. I don't mind - - it will be much cleaner than the wood stove it will replace. It will Not a primary heat source. I've been checking on-line to see different manufacturers, option etc. My husband saw today an "Integra" manufactured by Austrofamm. The price he was quoted was $2300. which is certainly more than I thought they would be! Dealer says this one in top of the line. Any comments on this particular stove? Of course we want to make an informed buying decision, but don't want to get crazy. What are your suggestions? We want three sided glass (I would like a flame), self-cleaning glass, and minimum maintenance. Is self-lubricating a big deal? Boy am I confused!!

Answer:

This is a upper end stove that is highly regarded in the industry. It has a good warranty and is noted as reliable. If it is in your budget, it's a nice stove. If you want to spend less, look at the Avalon and Lopi stoves (https://www.hearth.com/travis) which are around $1800. and have the features you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.