Research and Reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

New to the forums and new to water stoves here. For years, we have heated with traditional wood stoves and forced air wood furnaces. We are building a new house and workshop in the mountains of North Carolina.

We are wanting to look at a wood fired water stove for heating the buildings. I am familiar with Taylor Stoves but reading up on them, I am hearing they are not the most efficient stoves. I am looking to get other peoples opinions/reviews on companies. Any resources you would like to share?

Also would you recommend one larger unit with multiple heat zones or smaller stoves at each building? Still in the design/planning process but would think buildings would be in about 100-150 feet of where we could put a central stove if we did one unit. Only the house needs domestic hot water.

Thanks for you help

Status
Not open for further replies.