Resurrected my husky 65L

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wardk

Feeling the Heat
Jul 19, 2012
B.C. Canada
Haven't used this saw much for tears because it was hard to start and would quit running and not go after,. I bought a new 455 rancher that starts easy and runs all day. This year I had a logging truck load delivered so I thought I would try and get the 40yr old 65 back into working order. It was easier than I thought carb kit, fuel line , fuel filter, plug, chain and oiler plate. The beast is alive, I take both saws out to the pile to cut when one runs out of gas I use the other. A tank of gas and the saw needs a touch up on the chain. The point is the 65 makes the 455 look like a toy, no safety but cuts circles around it.

Attachments

• P1010634.jpg
    P1010634.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 172
Nice to see you got it resurrected. Irony. I had one here for five years it was given to me but I never did get it going. Too many other projects in life and I have better saws for actually cutting . So I sold it less than a week ago to someone who actually will get it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.