Reviews of Quadra-Fire 4100i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wtb1

Nov 22, 2008
Mississippi
Hello all. First time poster and looking for your experiences with the Quadra-Fre 4100i. We are looking at putting in a unit but have not really heard many reviews of the unit so I want to know what you have experienced with it.
Please let me know how satisfied you are and any problems you have had with your unit.

Thanks!

I can tell you we have installed quite a few of them and I have not heard any complaints besides operator error problems with wood quality or air control problems. Trust me... I get ALL the complaints about wood products :/

I'm quite happy with mine. I heat a 2,600 sq. ft. house in western NY fairly well with it. It's been cold for this time of year in the past week and it has trouble keeping up, but my house is not the best for insulation, either. In MS you should have no problem heating a fairly large house. The blower is louder than I would like, but I need to keep it at medium speed or more to try to get maximum heat. On low it is very tolerable. I don't think that the blower is probably louder than other manufacturers use.

MarkG

I have a new 4100i that we have only had burning for a week now. I think I starting to get the hang of it and we are just starting to get the desired heat output.

It is a nice insert with a medium to large firebox. We, also, are not thrilled with the fan sound level but I am sure that it is similar to other models/brands. The thing with inserts is if you want the heat then you need to blow it out. Your not going to heat your house well without the fan running medium or higher.

In general, I concur with what others have said before ... get the largest insert that your fireplace can fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.