Rhino Stuck!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Thank god I can move the winch to either the front or back, so close to the road then buried it. Had to move the winch to the rear and pull the rhino back then shovel some so I could get on the road and home. It's time to put the chains on.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0399.jpg
    100_0399.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 358
  • 100_0400.jpg
    100_0400.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 345
Good self extraction there.

zap you can also let a tad of air out of the tires too. On the 4 wheeler I use to be able to rapidly shift my weight from left to right to get traction too...but those days are over. Now when I go into the wood it's with a 4wd CUT. Now that I look at that Rhino it appear to drive more like a golf cart so weight shifting is out. Good heads up getting one with a winch. When friends I know balk at paying the extra 300 I try to remind 'em that getting stuck goes with the territory so get the winch now.

Reactions: thewoodlands
savageactor7 said:

zap you can also let a tad of air out of the tires too. On the 4 wheeler I use to be able to rapidly shift my weight from left to right to get traction too...but those days are over. Now when I go into the wood it's with a 4wd CUT. Now that I look at that Rhino it appear to drive more like a golf cart so weight shifting is out. Good heads up getting one with a winch. When friends I know balk at paying the extra 300 I try to remind 'em that getting stuck goes with the territory so get the winch now.

With the chains on I still get stuck coming out but running back in the woods with the chains it will go through the 12-15 inches of new snow. When we bought the rhino my wife ask do we really need the winch, I answer that question every winter with a picture.

zap

Being able to switch the winch from front to back looks really handy! Even with tire chains, you might have gotten stuck there any way. Looks like you're hung up with the wheels off the ground.

savageactor7 said:

+1 w/ winch &
+1 for front AND rear locations and wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.