rigid liner or flex?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pro5oh

Hearth Supporter
Aug 19, 2008
downeast Maine
Going to line my 18' chimney, I thought using rigid is the best way to go taking into consideration draft and build up. Even the best flex liners seem to have some ridges inside to collect creosote. Chime in please

If ridged will fit. Use ridged. If it won't use flex. Got two flex liners and the the dryness of the wood and how well you burn in the stove are what is going to make the difference.

Todd said:
http://www.chimneylinerdepot.com/articles-2/chimney-liner-articles/flex-king-pro/

Want twenty one feet of it? It is laying out on the back of my property after I pulled it after one season and replaced it with Simpson DuraFlex single wall liner.

Looks good on paper. Looks like chit when the inside de-laminates when you uncoil it.

This is what I wanted to know, I love this site.

But the real question is "Would you like to pay me for a really nice looking liner?" I need to get this thing out of my yard.

Its junk isn't it, thats what I understood from your post

Status
Not open for further replies.