Rika / Austraflamm Integra 2 fuse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Skarrr

Sep 26, 2022
uk
Hi,
I have had this stove for 10 years without issue. Great stove. Yesterday the convection fan stopped working. I took it out, cleaned it and replaced it.
Put back together, all good but the fan made a loud rattling noise. It's our only heating source so we decided to just disconnect the convection fan for one night so we didn't freeze.
After re-starting now the other fan ( combustion ) was making a loud unusual whirring noise so we decided to re-connect the convection fan and just put up with the noise until it could be looked at in the light of the following day.
So after re-connecting the convection fan and attempting to turn on - NOTHING ... no power indication, nada.
The stove is turned on via the thermostat so we tried disconnecting that and just trying from the panel on the side of the stove . Nothing !!
So I am guessing that a fuse has gone or the circuit board has packed up. I see reference to a 2.5 amp fuse but cannot for the life of me find where it is or any manual that says where it is.
I would like to get it up and running again rather than sell it off for parts because I have always assumed that the more modern stoves were less solid with more complicated components to go wrong. Or maybe there are better modern ones to consider ? I don't know.

If anyone knows where the fuse is located or can offer any other solution I would be very grateful.

Thank you, Mark

1 Your stove was not made to operate without the convection blower, stove should have shut down. Depending on year, you may have to reset a sensor meant to do this. On older ones it was mounted next to the convection fan.
2 You may have damaged combustion blower from too much heat, or crap may have broken loose, rubbing on it, or jamming it.
3 Fuse on pre 2006 was on the main computer board. These stoves had a user control board with a knob and switch. Later ones were digital user boards, and I do not know where the fuse is.

Thank you for the reply :)
It's still not showing any sign of life and I cannot find the fuse or any way to fix it.
I am seriously thinking of dismantling it for parts and buying a wood fired cooker stove. I quite like the look of the La Nordica Rosetta cookers.
Too many things to go wrong with a pellet stove for my liking ... especially as it decides to pack up just when it's getting freezing here. Also I don't like being at the mercy of pellet manufacturers who, like all fuel providers will always put the price up depending on various " crisis " situations, pandemics or wether we are at war with Eurasia or Eastasia.
At least with a wood burner I can go out and collect logs from the forest.

Thank you for the reply :)
It's still not showing any sign of life and I cannot find the fuse or any way to fix it.
I am seriously thinking of dismantling it for parts and buying a wood fired cooker stove. I quite like the look of the La Nordica Rosetta cookers.
Too many things to go wrong with a pellet stove for my liking ... especially as it decides to pack up just when it's getting freezing here. Also I don't like being at the mercy of pellet manufacturers who, like all fuel providers will always put the price up depending on various " crisis " situations, pandemics or wether we are at war with Eurasia or Eastasia.
At least with a wood burner I can go out and collect logs from the forest.
"At least with a wood burner I can go out and collect logs from the forest."
Can you really, over there?
And do you have a supply of cut, split and dried wood, ready to burn?
Many things to consider.

Yes, we are surrounded by forests with free wood. It's an eco house on stilts so lots of storage for years of drying under the house. But obviously not as easy as just buying pellets.
We are quite self sufficient and buy as little as possible from the mad world out there :)
Anyway, back to the pellet stove :) So I took the Integra 2 to bits, replaced all gaskets, cleaned everything and got it like new. found the fuse at the back had blown. It is now up and running again. Which makes me think that by maybe buying a few spare parts that it could be reasonably future proof.

I am tempted by newer stove like this https://www.artelgroup.com/product/futura/ but I don't know if they are as reliable as the old Integra and wether they have more tech parts that will eventually be more difficult to fix.

Cheers, Skarr

You will probably always be able to get parts for your Rika. I would say the stove you are looking at is of lesser quality. That is why they are so much cheaper. Most Italian stoves have the parts made in China, then some assembled here, some there. That does not mean they are bad, as they are known to be strict on the quality they import. It may be a more "user friendly" stove for your needs. The "Castle" China stoves sold over here have quite a good following, many thousands sold, few complaints, good customer service, over the phone. BUT, is it a stove that will last 30 years or more? I think not. BUT, something like that may suit your lifestyle just fine. Undoubtedly it will be full electronic control, most are nowadays.

You will probably always be able to get parts for your Rika. I would say the stove you are looking at is of lesser quality. That is why they are so much cheaper. Most Italian stoves have the parts made in China, then some assembled here, some there. That does not mean they are bad, as they are known to be strict on the quality they import. It may be a more "user friendly" stove for your needs. The "Castle" China stoves sold over here have quite a good following, many thousands sold, few complaints, good customer service, over the phone. BUT, is it a stove that will last 30 years or more? I think not. BUT, something like that may suit your lifestyle just fine. Undoubtedly it will be full electronic control, most are nowadays

I also have an Integra II--about 14 years old which has also had the convection fan get noiser this season. I keep the stove clean, but had not been aware that I was supposed to also clean the convection fan--it's tricky to open up an Integra's back side panels. So I unscrewed all the screws (4 mounting and 2 for the heat shield) to unmount the fan and when I went to pull it out, it was still attached by some sort of adhesive putty. I actually bent a thin screwdriver trying to dislodge it. I had no luck--gave up after an hour and vaccumed the fan as well as possible with a long extension (which is quite a bit quieter now) but I think will need to be replaced. Since there seems to be noone in New England servicing Rika, anyone know the deal with the fan and that adhesive? How did you guys get the fan out of the stove?

I also have an Integra II--about 14 years old which has also had the convection fan get noiser this season. I keep the stove clean, but had not been aware that I was supposed to also clean the convection fan--it's tricky to open up an Integra's back side panels. So I unscrewed all the screws (4 mounting and 2 for the heat shield) to unmount the fan and when I went to pull it out, it was still attached by some sort of adhesive putty. I actually bent a thin screwdriver trying to dislodge it. I had no luck--gave up after an hour and vaccumed the fan as well as possible with a long extension (which is quite a bit quieter now) but I think will need to be replaced. Since there seems to be noone in New England servicing Rika, anyone know the deal with the fan and that adhesive? How did you guys get the fan out of the stove?

This guy has a half dozen or so fantastic videos to view if you own an Austroflamm or Rika

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3HHKjiMf9KU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope the links work / if not type in OFF GRID STOVES AND MORE OF TEXAS