Riteway RB-75 Hot Water Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pallenstein

Jun 7, 2008
Northern NJ
I inspected a house today for my girlfriend. It has a 1980 Riteway RB-75 hot water boiler. Oil-fired, but also burns paper and wood in a really big firebox. Does anybody have any info on the operation, efficiency, etc. of this boiler? I'm thinking that the manufacturer is out of business, can't get any replacement parts, not really an efficient unit, and is probably best replaced with a new natural gas boiler. Not the "greenest" solution, but maybe the most practical?

If you no responses here, pallenstein, try http://www.heatinghelp.com. Go the The Wall, which is the forum. I bet the HVAC pros there can tell you all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.