Rocket Stove Outdoor Brick Oven/Cob Smoker

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsBrew

Minister of Fire
Apr 21, 2013
A little while ago I was researching kivas which led me to outdoor pizza ovens http://www.traditionaloven.com/photo-image-library. I thought man, someone could stick a rocket stove under the oven, heat the chamber, and vent out through the front. Of course, someone already did...

It is pretty ugly but the basic principles seem to be there.

Many pizza ovens have bases of concrete block and are left hollow for wood storage underneath. A rocket stove could be incorporated into the design. The gaping hole could be an issue limiting cooking space. I could see a turkey or pork picnic roast cooking away in there.

I liked the song a lot too.

I did like the music with the video but I miss having some details. I did try to contact him because I am curious as to how the cob construction is holding up and efficiency of the oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.