Rockey Mountain Super-Premium Softwood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jo2fst4u

Dec 4, 2006
I just got a ton of them....Are they anygood? I hope so...LOL

http://rockymountainpellets.com/default.aspx

Top Quality Super Premium Wood Pellet Fuel

The Best Money Can Buy

Better Raw Materials

Rocky Mountain Pellet Company utilizes single species log pine fiber. Most pellet manufacturers use waste materials and mix multiple species fiber that can create and inconsistent pellet. Better Fiber makes a better pellet.

Better Production Equipment

Rocky Mountain Pellet Company has state of the art production equipment that ensures a consistent low moisture content as well as better compression. Better control of moisture and better compression ensures less fines and better overall stove performance.

Commitment to Quality

Rocky Mountain Pellet Company is a pellet company first. We founded our company to produce the finest pellets in the industry. Most other pellet manufactures started their business as a side line to rid themselves of waste. Pellets are not their main focus.

Committed to Solving Environmental Issues

Rocky Mountain Pellet Company chose to locate in Walden, Colorado to help solve the problem of over 1.5 million acres of dead lodgepole pine trees. The infestation of the Colorado Forests by the mountain pine beetle has created a fire hazard for land owners as well as impeding the re-growth of new forests.

Rocky Mountain Pellets are a true renewable fuel.

Wood pellets have a zero carbon foot print.

Wood pellets can be used in private stoves as well as commercial applications.

Wood pellets can reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and help in reducing greenhouse emissions.

One of the best pellets I have burned, lots of heat, very little ash. They were not available around here this year or I would have purhased them again. The handle on the bag is a nice touch as well. You should be very happy with them.

Test results from woodpellets.com They look pretty good.

Brand Description % Ash Content % Moisture Heating Value (BTU)
Rocky Mountain Super Premium Pellets 0.3 5.38 7951

no distributors in NY !! was last year at tsc....that sucks.

I got them at Menards...they dont list them in Michigan but they have them :)

Wish I could get some to try here in central pa. Heard nothing but good things about them. Tsc had them last year. No go, so far this season.

I think you made a good purchase. I've used them and will probably get some next season. My guess is that most people here who have tried different pellets would put them in a group of the six or eight top pellets.

jo2fst4u said:
I just got a ton of them....Are they anygood? I hope so...LOL.......

Rocky Mtn. Pellets are one of the best pellets going, according to many people on this site who have burned them. I'm sure you'll be happy with them.

I wish I had more than the 1.3 tons of them I have.

These are the beetle-killed lodgepole pine pellets we talked about last season... should be good.

My dealer tested some over the summer...

Have been burning them since the beginning of October...
granted it hasn't been that cold...but no complaints about the ash produced or the burn quality...
This is the first year i am burning softwood pellets....
don't know why I waited this long....
These pellets leave virtually no clinkers in my burnpot. I have tried no harwood pellets that can say that.
Loves these pellets...
BTU i also picked up a ton of Okies as well...won't be burning them until I figure February....or whenever my Rocky Mountain supply is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.