RTV-X1100C FULL-SIZE DIESEL UTILITY VEHICLES

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I don't know about the US but in Canada, it has to be done
by the dealer and a sticker attesting to the fact it was done
affixed in the engine compartment giving the Recall number
and date of repair because it is a safety recall
Thanks @johneh , we did notice there was nothing on our invoice (I'll check again) so I will check the engine compartment for a sticker. If it isn't there, I'll get some type of proof from the dealer.

We received another 3 inches of snow overnight so I scraped down the driveway, plowed out the natural drain again and did about 4 more walking trails through the woods.

IMG_0463.jpg IMG_0464.jpg IMG_0465.jpg

Reactions: mcdougy
After putting in two loads of pine, I scraped down the driveway again, it looks like the three point sander won't be needed.

You"re using the machine often,
Do you still use your other sxs also?
Are you happy with your Kubota ?
I usually use the RTV for plowing when it really gets cold but have started using it more this winter in warmer temps. It can still be tricky shifting when you have the plow on, but I'm finding out what works best on different parts of the driveway.

I never have a problem with it going in reverse but going from reverse or neutral to forward can be tricky. There are times you might raise the plow and it shifts into forward and there are times you'll need to drop the plow and then there are times when you're in neutral and it won't go into forward you'll just need to rev the motor and then it will go into forward. It shifts better without the plow.

I'm happy with the RTV, I pulled a bunch of beech up some good hills a few years back, you use low and take your time but the power is there.

I still use the Rhino, I'll use the Rhino more and keep the miles off the RTV.

The driveway has a few patches of ice but the majority is down to the stone but the rain has started so that should take care of the rest of the ice.

I did some plowing with the RTV today, our driveway and a bunch of trails, attached are some pictures with the meal we had last night on a bed of spaghetti.

IMG_0523.JPG IMG_0524.JPG IMG_0527.JPG IMG_0528.JPG IMG_0529.JPG

My plan for today was pushing back and moving some snow with the tractor but we received another 3 to 4 inches of snow overnight along with a good snow squall this morning so I jumped in the RTV and did some plowing.

After I did the plowing, I jumped on the tractor and pushed the banks back. I didn't move some snow piles with the bucket like I planned but maybe tomorrow.

When we first moved to this area in early 2000, we always received a chit load of snow, the driveway was pretty narrow by the time it quit snowing and another year I ran out of room for snow, that's why I spend more time keeping the driveway wide open and stuffing snow in the woods instead of along the driveway.

IMG_0538.JPG

That's the situation where a blower instead of a blade comes in handy.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Was it just a wet snow or rain mixed in, I scraped a bunch of slush off the driveway and did a few more trails before calling it a day.

IMG_0540.JPG IMG_0541.JPG IMG_0542.JPG

Tonight I decided I would plow the wet chit were getting off the driveway, I'm glad I made more room in the woods to move snow off the driveway because it looks like we'll need the extra storage areas.

IMG_0543.JPG IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0546.JPG IMG_0547.JPG IMG_0548.JPG IMG_0549.JPG

Reactions: duramaxman05
I plugged the RTV block heater in earlier this morning, we had two snowsqualls last night so I'll check the end of the driveway, it might need plowing.

After the two snowsqualls last night, I plowed our driveway and the neighbors, the little tank has a great heater....one of these days I'll remember to turn it down.

It looks like we'll be in for some warmer temps during the day so we put in two small loads of ash and then I plowed a few areas.

A few pics of deer hanging out.

104_3469.JPG 104_3470.JPG 104_3471.JPG 104_3472.JPG 104_3473.JPG

Reactions: duramaxman05
We didn't get the snow they had predicted but there was enough that I used the RTV today. I did two driveways and some trails before calling it a day.

IMG_0601.JPG IMG_0602.JPG IMG_0603.JPG

I finally put the the plow on the RTV today, I did two driveways and a bunch of trails. I still have more trails that need plowing so hopefully tomorrow I'll get those done.

Today I finished up plowing six more trails along with clearing three more areas of snow.

IMG_0960.JPG IMG_0961.JPG IMG_0962.JPG

Reactions: Dieselhead
Do you listen to the radio while your plowing in your t shirt 😉😉? If so what's the choice of music.? What a great machine for your application.
I usually do but didn't bring any cd's with me today, I always listen to rock. The heater & a/c are great in the RTV.

Tomorrow we should be putting in some firewood so I'll bring some cd's with me.

Today we put in two loads of firewood, one of beech an another load of ash. After putting in both loads, I cleaned out the end of the neighbor's driveway and ours.

So far today the Lake Effect has stayed south of us.

104_4351.JPG

Reactions: Dieselhead
Do you listen to the radio while your plowing in your t shirt 😉😉? If so what's the choice of music.? What a great machine for your application.
Today it was The Allman Brothers Band - Seven Turns CD.

The controller for the plow was always hung on the window crank handle but the phone holder worked perfect today, it was a Christmas present.

Yesterday I just did the ends of two driveways, today I did both that had four or five inches of sugar snow. I didn't plow any trails just some of the area we call the sandpit.

The deer are still eating off the hill in the back so they're around the house lot, when they heard me plowing they came down the gully in the back.

IMG_0963.JPG IMG_0964.JPG IMG_0965.JPG IMG_0966.JPG IMG_0968.JPG IMG_0970.JPG IMG_0971.JPG

Yesterday I plowed two driveways, today it was a few areas in the woods & this area back in what we call the sandpit.

IMG_0992.JPG

We have nothing but green grass here. Haven't had to plow the driveway at all this year. I miss the snow.
It has been a strange winter, the snow some people miss but the 20 & 30 below we don't miss.

We haven't had much either, when we did get a good thump of snow the warmer weather came in right after. The snowmobile trails don't have much of a base in our area so some trails are ok and others are bad.