RTV-X1100C FULL-SIZE DIESEL UTILITY VEHICLES

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
How are these on steep hills in low, we're looking at one with a cab, a/c and heat with a Boss V-Plow. The motor is in the back compared to the front on the Rhino. The rtv is also an HST so you'll lose some power.

The Rhino takes the hills without a problem but since it has high mileage (just over 7500) and the RTV would be something the wife could plow the driveway with if anything happened to me.

Reactions: JimBear
Rear/Mid engine should help with traction in the winter, especially with a heavy plow up front. After getting my HST tractor that will always be my first pick, unless it's a Jeep or sports car ;lol

I've got one at work. It's not speedy but will hold 8-10mph on a steep grade with a full load in low gear.
In your opinion what was the percent of grade you were going up. I'm not a speed guy so we'll be using it for work on our acreage.

Thanks

In your opinion what was the percent of grade you were going up. I'm not a speed guy so we'll be using it for work on our acreage.

Thanks

I'm going to guess 20-25% we've got a hilly campus. It feels more top heavy going across a slope but I've never had an issue.

Ours is a 2018 model and I don't have anything bad to say about it. The thing will work all day long and not complain. In 4wd and the axle locked it's got an impressive amount of traction.

We're somewhere north of 3000 miles and 500 hours. The 350 Mag tires were alright but wore super fast and got punctured very easily. We've since replaced them with Carlisle All Trail and they seem to be holding up well.

I've had 1500lbs of sand bags in the bed and there was no issue with driving or dumping them out.

I'm going to guess 20-25% we've got a hilly campus. It feels more top heavy going across a slope but I've never had an issue.

Ours is a 2018 model and I don't have anything bad to say about it. The thing will work all day long and not complain. In 4wd and the axle locked it's got an impressive amount of traction.

We're somewhere north of 3000 miles and 500 hours. The 350 Mag tires were alright but wore super fast and got punctured very easily. We've since replaced them with Carlisle All Trail and they seem to be holding up well.

I've had 1500lbs of sand bags in the bed and there was no issue with driving or dumping them out.
We did the deal today (just came back) we ended up adding a radio with a CD Player,Bluetooth and NOAA on it. We also added a block heater and the screen protecting the back window. On the top of the outside of the cab in the front we added two work lights and one in the back.

If are Rhino didn't have so many miles on it, we would've traded the 4540 with the backhoe in for a 2638 with cab but the wife really wanted this so happy wife.....happy life. :)

Thanks for you input, we left with a better feeling in our gut about buying the rtv-x1100c.

Reactions: JimBear and festerw
Sounds like a great rig!
I hope it is @SpaceBus , I've been watching some videos and one dealer recommends a hand throttle kit for anyone who's at a higher elevation or taking on hills. It gives you your rpm's right off the bat before you even put your foot on the pedal,I'll call the dealer on Monday.

@festerw , what are your thoughts on the hand throttle kit?

Our military humvees had hand throttles. My tractor has one as well with the HST. I like that I can have the PTO at max RPM and ground speed is independent.

I hope it is @SpaceBus , I've been watching some videos and one dealer recommends a hand throttle kit for anyone who's at a higher elevation or taking on hills. It gives you your rpm's right off the bat before you even put your foot on the pedal,I'll call the dealer on Monday.

@festerw , what are your thoughts on the hand throttle kit?

I'll be honest I'm pretty sure that's a standard feature on the 1100. I know ours has it and we didn't order it separately.

It does come in handy though.

Reactions: thewoodlands
KIMG0320.jpg

They haul wood like a champ

They are a solid machine, pure utility with not a glimpse of sport. The heated cab and a/c is truly wonderful. You will need to turn up the radio as there is alot of engine noise. Our is 2018 model and I'm not aware of what changes may have occurred.

I know a guy that takes hay with his. He unhooked the hydraulic couplers for the dump bed and hooks his rake up to it. The some beasts for sure.

I know a guy that takes hay with his. He unhooked the hydraulic couplers for the dump bed and hooks his rake up to it. The some beasts for sure.
Once we get the Boss V-Plow installed and the snows start this winter, it will be fun to see how much snow it can handle. Any really big snowfalls are usually handled with the Mahindra 4540.

Reactions: duramaxman05
They are a solid machine, pure utility with not a glimpse of sport. The heated cab and a/c is truly wonderful. You will need to turn up the radio as there is alot of engine noise. Our is 2018 model and I'm not aware of what changes may have occurred.
They sure are built, I'm still use to the Rhino so it will take some getting use to. Since we're keeping the Rhino, I'll still use that.

The wife told me yesterday that the RTV-X1100C has a name Karl Kubota, I'm thinking I won't get much seat time.::-)

Once we get the Boss V-Plow installed and the snows start this winter, it will be fun to see how much snow it can handle. Any really big snowfalls are usually handled with the Mahindra 4540.
I used a V plow on a truck last winter, very nice. My first time using a plow but it was pretty easy with the V

I used a V plow on a truck last winter, very nice. My first time using a plow but it was pretty easy with the V
We had one for the Ford Super Duty 250 but ditched that when we started plowing with the tractor.

It showed up a little late but we have it. The young man that delivered it took a ride with me so we could take on a few hills, I learned real quick that even when you have it in low 4WD going up a hill, you don't push the gas pedal to the floor. It walked up the two hills without a problem once I was driving it the proper way.

I didn't do any work with it, we were by the Brook watching some family fish, when we left they had some brook trout and the father even caught a 10 inch small mouth bass that went back in the Brook.

I took some pictures but the sun makes it look faded in two of the pictures. The A/C in this thing is really good.

Attachments

• 104_0576.JPG
    104_0576.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 357
  • 104_0577.JPG
    104_0577.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 307
  • 104_0578.JPG
    104_0578.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 344
:eek:
I am 100% jealous
Nice Unit
It will take some time to get use to it but it sure is a tank. I'm use to stomping on the gas when heading up the hills on the rhino but this rig is just the opposite.

Hopefully it pushes the snow pretty good, if the heat is like the A/C, it will be pretty warm in there this winter when plowing. If it's not storming tonight, I might take it out just too see how the lights are, We had two work lights in the front and one in the back put on up top on the cab.

Enjoy, the heater works well. We don't plow snow with ours, so I can't comment on how that goes except you will be warm....ours has a turf tire on it and does fine with snow until you get hung up in deep heavy stuff.....time to get the tractor then. They are not a light unit to pull out.

It showed up a little late but we have it. The young man that delivered it took a ride with me so we could take on a few hills, I learned real quick that even when you have it in low 4WD going up a hill, you don't push the gas pedal to the floor. It walked up the two hills without a problem once I was driving it the proper way.

I didn't do any work with it, we were by the Brook watching some family fish, when we left they had some brook trout and the father even caught a 10 inch small mouth bass that went back in the Brook.

I took some pictures but the sun makes it look faded in two of the pictures. The A/C in this thing is really good.
I have a question for you. Is there a reason you can push the go pedal to the floor going up a hill?

Reactions: RandyBoBandy
I have a question for you. Is there a reason you can push the go pedal to the floor going up a hill?
That's what I use to do with the Rhino, with the HST it's a whole different ball game. With the HST if you do that you'll lose power so with the Kubota you just walk up it nice and slow in low 4WD.