Rugged Made splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gearhead660

Minister of Fire
Dec 20, 2018
Southern WI
Looking to get feedback from owners of Rugged Made splitters. Seem like well optioned splitters for decent cash. I don't need professional grade, just splitting for personal use. And would like something that is easier on the back. I like the log lift and the catch tray. Good splitters or import junk? Feel free to offer suggestions.

I see your in Wisconsin have you looked at Wolfe Ridge splitters made in Eau Claire Wi? I have the 28 pro for 3 years and very happy with it. It’s USA made and very well made, after using it for 3 years can’t think of anything I’d change on it.

Reactions: Gearhead660
I see your in Wisconsin have you looked at Wolfe Ridge splitters made in Eau Claire Wi? I have the 28 pro for 3 years and very happy with it. It’s USA made and very well made, after using it for 3 years can’t think of anything I’d change on it.
Those are nice units, way out of my price range.