Run onnnnn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
im assuming its gas related but yesterday out in the bush clearing trail i had to put gas in my saw. After that it was smoky and when i shut it off it would keep running at a very low idle. The gas i put in was fresh mix from home about 2 mnths old at most that i used in my leaf blower no problem. My mix always uses those mix bottles from sthil so their is no issue with the mix.
Going to go grab another can of fuel and mix

So it's running with ignition turned off? Sounds similar to "dieseling", when you would shut off a old car but it would continue to run, sorta. I believe it was due to excessive carbon build up still burning enabling combustion to continue for a few rpms. Really old saw?

Reactions: VirginiaIron
Carbon build up or a maybe a gasket air leak ( base of cylinder?)

Reactions: VirginiaIron
Must have been diesel in the fuel can I used to top off my mix fuel... dumped it a set it on fire... pretty black... filled with my other mix can and ran perfect again after it cleared out... I know the boss used one of the cans for diesel as I found that the hard way as well.. clued in when I noticed my mix cans had 2 different colors of fuel when I always use the same oil for mix

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

well that was a cheap easy fix.