Running Stihl Chain On Husky

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suematteva

May 25, 2006
Rutland, VT//Southern Quebec
On a couple older threads have heard of forum members running Stihl saw chain on Husky.

This weekend was cutting one of those roadside monster sugar maples and hit a nail, sharpened and was cutting my last big piece and hit another nail..While sharpening noticed a missing tooth, tore it completely off. Had not had this happen before. Chain wear had about 35-40 percent remaining.

Primary saw chain has pretty much been oregon with 10-15 percent carlton.

When people have switched to Stihl what were the reasons for making the change and what have you found? wear, sharpen intervals durability, price etc????

Thanks..Matt

Stihl chains are harder , longer to keep an edge , is also harder to file and sharpen. They seem to stretch less than other brands too. They have lasted the longest in use in other brands i have found/used.

Roospike said:
Stihl chains are harder , longer to keep an edge , is also harder to file and sharpen. They seem to stretch less than other brands too. They have lasted the longest in use in other brands i have found/used.

Same, same.

Status
Not open for further replies.