Rust?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikespirito

Oct 2, 2013
Coventry RI
I just got my stove last week. I used it a for probably 30 hours so far. I was opening the side panel to open the front glass when I saw this. Could this be rust?
yraduqah.jpg

Looks like rust to me. If the paint wasn't applied well, or the surface properly cleaned prior to painting it doesn't take a lot of moisture or time for metal to rust.

Thanks. I only have had the stove for a week

No problem. Just read your other post. If paint is coming off when you are wiping down the stove with windex, and you have rust already there was an issue with the painting process. Could be any number of variables, dirty metal, temperature of the stove when painted, humidity, contaminated paint, etc.

I don't know if your warranty indicates anything regarding the finish, but it might be worth checking out.

That stinks, but don't fret over it too much. Easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.