RV100 Ravelli alarm 17 No Flow alarm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Corker88

Jan 3, 2018
massachusetts
Trying to set this thing up after doing a factory reset. ran through the RDS process and it the shuts down with 17 no flow alarm. I wish Ravelli had a nice you tube video about doing this process. Also trying to figure out the altitude setting for Massachusetts ( Oxford ). thanks for any help ! Ken

I know it's been a while, but I also have an RV100 Classic. Just today I got the error "17 - No Flow". I poked around here enough to figure out it's most likely the Mass Air Flow sensor in the intake tube for the fresh air feeding the stove. I thought based on the pets and amount of dust that collects on the stove that it's possible the sensor was "dirty"
It's very easy to access. You carefully remove the right hand tiles (as you face the stove) and you will see the intake tube. In the middle of it there will be an orange rubber thing zip tied and screwed to the pipe. It's a Metric 8 socket size. 2 screws. (the same size as the access windows at the bottom for cleanouts which I also did since I had the sides off. Carefully reused the gaskets)
SO here is a picture of the pipe with the unit already unplugged (very tough to unplug)
Circled is where it goes. It's rubber so you have force it into place and it plugs the hole when you put it back in.
EC0qJDA.jpg

and here is the MAF sensor BEFORE cleaning. I literally sprayed it with some MAF cleaner I had for my Truck.

Check out that dust

YKcvMCK.jpg

After cleaning I put it back in and so far so good..

Do keep us posted on your long term success. I’ve had a few of these fail completely. A board member here repaired on for me the middle of last heating season and it’s been running fine ever since.