Sad Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so sorry,we all know what your feeling

P1010849.JPG

Here is my Shepard Oscar... Forever missed. Never forgotten. Shepards are a very smart breed and most get a bad rep of being a mean and malicious dog. He was so gentle with my Daughter (she was rough on him when she was just walking)

We're gettin another pup this Summer/Late Spring. Gonna be a Lab or Golden Retriever.

Mans best friend...... :)

Oscar.jpg

Save$ - I am sorry for your loss, I bare the same pain as you. I just lost my 13 1/2 year old lab last week. He left behind his 11 year old lab brother who now is lost without him. Time will heal your sadness.

It sounds as if Bloat may have gotten your lab. It is common in labs, if your not familiar with it, check it out.

Sorry to hear about this Save.......It's a hard thing for us humans and sometimes even harder for the other pets as you are seeing. I have a 12 year old Aussie that was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago so we are not looking forward to the day he goes and I am sure it will be hard on his little buddies.

Attachments

• Christmas 2012 & Misc. 091.jpg
    Christmas 2012 & Misc. 091.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 107
  • june 26 014.jpg
    june 26 014.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 111
Sorry to hear about this Save.......It's a hard thing for us humans and sometimes even harder for the other pets as you are seeing. I have a 12 year old Aussie that was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago so we are not looking forward to the day he goes and I am sure it will be hard on his little buddies.

Our Jesse James went through a three week radiation treatment for his cancer last month. Docs think we may have bought him a few more good months. He's happy and healthy now but it kills me to know that all we can do now is love him as much as possible as long as possible.
0311131556.jpg

I've been meaning to start a thread about him here, but I'm not ready to yet.

Reactions: jtakeman and loon
sorry fro your loss, we found out yesterday our St Bernard mix Hailey has kidney failure. She has not been herself recently so we took her in fro some tests, only has 25% kidney function. Doctor prescribed some meds, probably only a few months left, she is a youngin at only four. We rescued her at 2.5 pounds probably a few weeks old, now she is 108 pound lap dog.

Oh man! Just a baby still.

sorry fro your loss, we found out yesterday our St Bernard mix Hailey has kidney failure. She has not been herself recently so we took her in fro some tests, only has 25% kidney function. Doctor prescribed some meds, probably only a few months left, she is a youngin at only four. We rescued her at 2.5 pounds probably a few weeks old, now she is 108 pound lap dog.
not good Iron pony...sorry...Same to you Flatbed..we get attached for sure

I hate reading posts like this, turns me into a crybaby everytime. ;em I had to put down a German Shorthaired Pointer a few years ago. Went to the vet cause he has all sorts of lumps out of the blue. Thought maybe allergic reaction to something. Turned out to be lymph node cancer, all of them were shutting down.
Didn't make it another 2 weeks before he could barely walk, eat. I had to carry him outside and hold him up to use the bathroom.

Radiation was an option but it was going to run something close to $5000 for "a few months" of life. Was a really hard choice to make. I still feel like a POS for not finding the $$... somehow.

I think the only fault a dog has is that they don't live nearly long enough...

My boy Frisco.......as a pup would curl up on my chest and fall asleep.....thats just the way he left, curled up on my chest as the doc gave him his freddom from an ailing 17 year old body. It was a tough thing to do, and those who are contimplating it, it was peaceful, and painless for your buddy, although painful for you, but belive that what you are doing is the best thing for your friend
DSCN0522.jpg

So sorry for your loss Save$

They are so wonderful to have around and be a member of the family, its hard when they leave us

Losing a young member of the family is really tough...cannot figure out why.....but anytime we lose one young or old it hurts real bad....sorry for your loss

Save$ - I am sorry for your loss, I bare the same pain as you. I just lost my 13 1/2 year old lab last week. He left behind his 11 year old lab brother who now is lost without him. Time will heal your sadness.

It sounds as if Bloat may have gotten your lab. It is common in labs, if your not familiar with it, check it out.
You and I are thinking the same thing. Not to be too descriptive, her body was bloated do that the her paws were not on the floor. The other lab was eating the same food. He never had any issues "passing gas"', but this female never did. I have changed food just in case the food was the problem. Now feeding Blue. We have a new pup. She too is on blue puppy food.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: basod and loon
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like too many of us have been there recently.

Mazey, keep an eye out for Nia. She could use a friend...

2mbsl4.jpg

Cut Flue 009.JPG
I lost these two little buddies - the female Bootsie (buckskin) was the smartest little dog I've ever seen/had. Sadly mailman got her(I think Billy Bob knocked her over) The dogs even sat there and mourned when I was burying her
Then Mickey(white &tan) went missing last fall after Billy Bob came back the previous day torn up - some other neighbors dogs went missing as well as a stray we took in Tripod(he had broken leg when he showed up) Either Coyote's or the mystical Cougars(that supposedly don't exist here)
IMG_0219.JPG

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Wow, so many losses. So many hearts broken. I think the best thing to do when you have such a loss is to give yourself a whatever time you need. Then remember all the joy they gave you with out any lip. Then find room for another friend. It will keep you busy and give you company. I like to have dogs in pairs. I'm too old to play all the time like they want, so having another dog takes care of that issue. Plus, you don't feel so guilty when you have to leave them at home for a while when it is too hot or cold to be in car when you are running your errands etc. My dogs have been fantastic at keeping critters out of my yard and garden.

Reactions: firefighterjake
Status
Not open for further replies.