Salvage of wood pellets, damn shame....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Well, I handled an ins. claim involving the tractor, trailer & the cargo, of which was wood pellets.
Wish I knew someone close, as I could have had them a bunch of bags for cheap as salvage.
So, the tow yard will be disposing of them, by giving them away to their few pellet burning friends.
Not enough to bid out to commodities buyers, just not worth buying to resell.
Here is some photos of the carnage. Shame it wasn't dry Oak firewood.

Attachments

• RF.jpg
    RF.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 219
  • SAM_8253.jpg
    SAM_8253.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 218
  • SAM_8256.jpg
    SAM_8256.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 197
were you driving hog?

Ouch. That looks like a new tractor too. Hope no one was seriously hurt.

Nope, I am the adjuster handling the physical damage claim to the tractor, trailer & cargo.
The tractor is a 2007, and not really worth alot.
No one died, no serious injuries. Good bit of blood.The driver's area was about the only area to be in without getting fd up.
Laid over on it's side, then slid into a guard rail which caved in the roof and hood. Guy was lucky. Some are not as fortunate.

The driver's guardian angel deserves bonus pay. Or at least the pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.