Santa Fe Quadra issues!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nunatak

Aug 22, 2022
leadville co
New here. Spent most of the morning trying to get the stove working with great help from this forum. It got me far - but not all the way, hence this post.

Just bought the house. Previous owners, not super helpful, just said 'stove worked when last used'.

Never had a pellet stove before. I moved it around a bit to insulate, drywall and paint (it's in the garage). Took the cast iron lid off and put it back on to make it lighter.

Plugging the unit in, setting thermostat to max and hitting reset turns the chimney fan and heating element on. Auger does not deliver. Dropping a handful of pellets in the firebox ignites them.

Based on advice here I bypassed the vacuum thingy and all three snap discs. This turned on the other fan, but still no auger action. Heater and chimney exhaust still on. Red light on, plus 6 blue blinks from near there.

Removed auger and motor assembly; hot wired it directly to outlet: it turns.

Checked auger feed tube for obstructions - nothing.

What's next? Thanks! At 10200' heating season is two weeks off!

Last edited:
If you bypassed the vac switch and all wiring is good, then your control board is likely the culprit espec if you put direct power to auger motor and it turned. The blinking blue light 6 times tells you the control board is in the #6 position setting. That board is used in many quadrafire stoves. Good luck with it, if it is a board, and the rest of unit is ok, its worth fixing.

You mention that you took the lid off and then put it back on. Does your unit have hopper switch on it? Did you unhook any wires when you took off the lid?

You mention that you took the lid off and then put it back on. Does your unit have hopper switch on it? Did you unhook any wires when you took off the lid?
I read about the lid movement maybe affecting function; that's why I mentioned it.

Did not unhook electrical stuff, however there are two thin wires to terminals on a little plate near the lid. I tried messing with them, but no dice. Could the lid be reinstalled wrong? I took it off again and put it back on. Seems like it only goes one way.

Did you check terminals with a meter? I am not familiar with the lid switch, but I would think that it is a normally open switch that closes when the lid is closed. If you check for resistance with a meter, you will probably see on open circuit. If you close the switch, you should see around zero ohms. If this is the case, try jumping the terminals and running the stove.