Saranac tansam 4000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Doug here

Feb 18, 2024
ruby ny
hi everyone, I'm new here and need help! i picked up a old Hudson river Saranac pellet stove for free, after researching on your page. I tried trouble shooting, i tested augur motor, blower and jumped pressure switch, low and high switches. replaced control board and after start up nothing, the number one light is lit. am i doing something wrong or wasting my time?

Welcome to the forum
Could we get more information?
When you start the stove nothing happens?
No combustion motor running
No pellets are being fed to the burn pot
Do you have a manual? If not here is one
Read pages 8 - 12 and let us know
hi johneh, when i turn it on . only the exhaust fan comes on. the green light is and the auger does not spin. after a few minutes the level one light comes on. when i jump the high limit disc the convection blower comes on but no auger. i tried jumping all 3 switches at once. i also just replace the auger motor.

Did the person you bought it from use a thermostat?
What position is the switch in Auto, thermostat or manual/
Make sure it is in manual (for now)
Make sure you have power to the auger motor
Does the green light go on and off? or just stay green
If it stays on take the 2 wires at the vacuum switch and reverse them
make sure the vac hose has no splits and that the nipple at the stove is clean and clear

Reactions: ABusWrench
Did the person you bought it from use a thermostat?
What position is the switch in Auto, thermostat or manual/
Make sure it is in manual (for now)
Make sure you have power to the auger motor
Does the green light go on and off? or just stay green
If it stays on take the 2 wires at the vacuum switch and reverse them
make sure the vac hose has no splits and that the nipple at the stove is clean and clear
hey john, let me start with this. Sorry to be a pain in the ass! I like to fix things, I hate seeing things get scraped if I think I can fix it. so back to the issue, the nipple was clogged. I cleaned it out checked the line its good. the power(green) light stays lit and the auger light comes on for a few and shuts off then on again . when i had the line off, i sucked on the pressure switch and could hear the diaphragm working. i replace the low heat disc. {attaching a pic), it fit in the same but could be wrong one

unnamed.png

Ok if the auger lite goes on and off it means power is supplied to the auger when the light is on
The auger should turn. See the manual on page 35 for the control board timing of the auger
auger on /off. Test for power(yellow wire) to the auger and the white wire for the ground
Note if you had the stove apart and removed all the pellets and the auger does move
then it may take a start or two to get pellets to the burn pot

Ok if the auger lite goes on and off it means power is supplied to the auger when the light is on
The auger should turn. See the manual on page 35 for the control board timing of the auger
auger on /off. Test for power(yellow wire) to the auger and the white wire for the ground
Note if you had the stove apart and removed all the pellets and the auger does move
then it may take a start or two to get pellets to the burn pot
hey john, thanks for all your help! got it working. if you didn't tell me to check the wires for power, I would've never figured it out. looking at the wire and the auger had to white wires and the igniter had the red and yellow. switched them and fired right up. can't believe I didn't notice that when I change the auger motor, but just unplugged and plugged back in not thing, thank you so very much john

Reactions: ARC