Sauna Stove Chimney Height

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kurt in MT

Sep 18, 2020
Montana
I am looking to build an outdoor sauna next spring, with a wood fired heater (stove). The sauna stove manufacturers don’t seem to say much about chimney height. One (Huum) has specs calling for 12 Pa draft. Can anyone give me guidance on whether these sauna stoves (which seem to be smaller and have less output than typical modern wood stoves) require class A chimneys as high as you would expect in a regular stove (e.g., 15ft). On the Huum, it has 4.5 “ collar opening and requires 12Pa......how tall is that in the real world? Thanks.

I am looking to build an outdoor sauna next spring, with a wood fired heater (stove). The sauna stove manufacturers don’t seem to say much about chimney height. One (Huum) has specs calling for 12 Pa draft. Can anyone give me guidance on whether these sauna stoves (which seem to be smaller and have less output than typical modern wood stoves) require class A chimneys as high as you would expect in a regular stove (e.g., 15ft). On the Huum, it has 4.5 “ collar opening and requires 12Pa......how tall is that in the real world? Thanks.

12 pa equals 0.048” water which is right in the middle of standard draft requirements for wood stoves.

I’m guessing you’ll need the standard 12-15’