scandia (franklin?) #150 c1979 wood burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomhman

May 26, 2014
ohio
neighbor just gave me this franklin / scandia #150 c1979. just curious if that means it was made in 1979?...and any value to it. it weighs a ton...thanks

neighbor just gave me this franklin / scandia #150 c1979. just curious if that means it was made in 1979?...and any value to it. it weighs a ton...thanks

thanks...but if there is any value in it ?...or should i use it as a planter...i really thought it was old, but '79, ugh...im just gunna clean it up i guess,use as indoor piece...hate to scrap it out

During the heating season it will probably be sellable as long as it is in serviceable condition and hasn't been abused. Value in good condition with good interior parts should be in the $150-250 range during season peak. As noted in the other thread, inspect carefully for cracks, overfiring, warped burn plates or baffle. If it is still in nice condition consider cleaning it up and giving it a fresh coat of high-temp stove paint. If it is cracked, abused or parts are warped, scrap it or use as a garden planter.

During the heating season it will probably be sellable as long as it is in serviceable condition and hasn't been abused. Value in good condition with good interior parts should be in the $150-250 range during season peak. As noted in the other thread, inspect carefully for cracks, overfiring, warped burn plates or baffle. If it is still in nice condition consider cleaning it up and giving it a fresh coat of high-temp stove paint. If it is cracked, abused or parts are warped, scrap it or use as a garden planter.

its in real nice shape,just needs cleaned up and painted.no cracks at all,and not pitted.it has all the inside parts as well.WOW, figured it was junk due to people on here saying taiwan stuff is inferior..couple hundred? thats cool.havnt seen any on e-bay at all..thanks again

Some of the units made it out with decent enough castings to survive the test of time. You may have one of them. If you repaint use a good stove paint like Forest Products Stove Brite paint. Comes in spray or brush on. Metallic black is a popular shade.

Status
Not open for further replies.