Scare in the Woodpile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the scarry pics! Now I think my tote box holds approx. 1 cu.ft of wood and can`t hardly ever recall bringing one in WITHOUT spiders,specially those "jumpers". least that is what I call them. Don`t ever recall being attacked by one :blank: however. I dunno , maybe the 3 cats we have got to them first, but I have never found one crawling around on me or holding me up for ransom? Don`t think they are intimidating either, rather I like the fact that they take care of the mosquitoes,ants, termites, and other nasties for me. :cheese:

WOODBUTCHER said:

Dude, that was not right! I'm having second thoughts about reaching deep inside my Holz Hauzen from now on.

On a side note, we just got back from vacation I just noticed today a raccoon that is hanging around my second woodpile. I went down to investigate and I heard a good deal of scratching going on deep in the belly of the beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.