scary! my chimney made me queesy!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freefall_Doug

Hearth Supporter
I finally figured out how to disconnect the stainless direct connect liner from my new to me quadrafire 3100I acc. Definetly a mickey mouse install by the girlfriend's ex.

I don't think the insert has ever came out after brushing. The funny looks when I mentioned that the insert had to get pulled out, "we never did that before", mostly confirmed my suspicions.

So far I have filed nearly filled my 9 gallon shop vac with creosote... and I have more to go.

I don't know how this house never had a major chimney fire.

you tell her i want my def leppard CD back :lol:

Freefall_Doug said:
You can have it along with all this crap you swept down the magic bottomless chimney. I will put them both in a contractor bag and will leave it out front, LOL.

DEFINETLY GOING TO INSTALL A FULL LINER AFTER THIS WINTER!

After?!? Really? I'd be installing it ASAP!

Stevebass4 said:
you tell her i want my def leppard CD back :lol:

LMAO!!!!!!!!

It can wait until after the season, here is my ,cheap, reasoning...

The chimney, including teracotta liner is in good shape. And now that I cleaned up the ten plus years creosote that was being swept but not cleaned up it is a safe bet to make through the season.

I don't really have the time or cash right now to put in nice insulated liner.

Either way the insert needs to come out again, to clean after the season and then install a new 6 inch liner.

Haa, she needed some one to fix stuff and clean the insert. Don't look down on a good samaratin!

I will be posting the pictures I took last night of the brick sized chunks of creosote! It is spic and span now... ended up being 13 gallons of the stuff!

littlesmokey said:
MY new quadrafire....... girlfriends Ex????? Does anyone else find that dangerous?????

I might want to know how long it usually takes to become an ex.
Then again, I might not care as long as no STDs involved. :)

If I cleaned 13 gallons of crap out of a chimney I'd sure as heck want to use it after. maybe more so if the G/F prances around nekkid if its nice and warm.
I tend to like clean tubes, too.

Here are two pictures for haa haa's.

One is a picture of one of the chunks I pulled out from above where the block off plate was, there were a lot of larger ones but I was using a new smart phone to snap the shots and I wasn't very keen on killing it with my nasty hands.

One is a picture of some of the stuff that was piled up above the block off plate.

Attachments

• creosote_1_small.jpg
    creosote_1_small.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 238
  • creosote_2_small.jpg
    creosote_2_small.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.