Schrader fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wood Burning man

Jan 13, 2018
Georgia
I have a Schrader fireplace probably 1980s circa that has trees on the doors has a 8-inch flu coming out the top Center of stove. I am having trouble finding adapter for the stove that will fit over the 8 coming out to the 8 inch stove pipe. Any ideas on where to locate this?

This is a picture of the stove in question. Thanks for any help I can get.
15158573861311114556850.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a Fireplace Insert with no legs called a Fireplace Insert, or freestanding stove?

The connector pipe goes inside the collar on a stove. If the crimped end doesn't fit, crimp smaller with hand crimpers until it fits.
An insert uses a "boot" to connect to the flue liner that should extend all the way to the top of chimney.

Is this a Fireplace Insert with no legs called a Fireplace Insert, or freestanding stove?

The connector pipe goes inside the collar on a stove. If the crimped end doesn't fit, crimp smaller with hand crimpers until it fits.
An insert uses a "boot" to connect to the flue liner that should extend all the way to the top of chimney.

It is a free standing stove.

No adapter necessary.
Crimp the male end of connector pipe until it fits into the stove collar. Insert 3 screws through collar into pipe as well as at each pipe joint.
The pipe must be inside collar so any condensate can drip back into the stove to be consumed.