Schrader wood stove dimensions and firebrick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JeffLiebermann

Oct 29, 2023
Ben Lomond, California
I found the dimensions and brick sizes for two Schrader wood burning stove models. Small Single Door and Countess. The prices that I was quoted for both stoves are scribbled on the page. I thought it might be of interest.

Shrader Wood Stove  brick sizes.jpg Shrader Wood Stove dimensions.jpg

Great info! Did you run across anything for their larger models?

Not much more info. I found the drawing below. It's for the larger "Countess" model. Although the smaller "single door" model has a smoke shelf, it doesn't have the angled sides need to obtain re-circulation as shown in the drawing. I measured the temperature in various places and found that the rear wall is always colder than the front wall. One of my (computer repair) customers has the larger "Countess" model in her building. If you need measurements or photos, I can probably obtain those. However, she doesn't have any additional paperwork.

I've been repairing my "single door" model Schrader stove. By overloading the stove with logs that burned above the firebrick line, I created a 12 in long horizontal crack on the rear wall of the stove. A new stove would have cost me over $1,200. A Harbor Freight flux core MIG welder, helmet, wire, tools, fiberglass welding blanket, etc cost me about $400. I did a lousy job of welding the crack and resorted to clamps and bolts to support the angle brackets that hold the firebrick. The problem was that I couldn't weld inside the stove while wearing my new auto-darkening helmet. Cutting the firebrick was easy with a 10" diamond masonry blade on my chop saw. After I reassembled and reinstalled the stove, and started a firew, I discovered that the two top rear corner welds were cracked. Same cause as the 12 in long horizontal crack. The problem is that I don't want to do any welding inside the house due to smoke, smell and fire danger. Next summer, I plan to clean out the stove, remove the firebrick, and do it all over again. Photos:

Schrader air flow.jpg