Score of the day!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

greg13

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2012
CNY
Picked up a Harman Advance today - $100. I found it on Craigslist the twin to what I have in the living room. My glass cracked again and rather than order a glass for $100, I found a whole stove.
It was supposed to be a non working stove, but I just had to plug it in and try test mode - everything seems to work in test mode. I'll get a better look at it this weekend and try a test fire.

Picked up a Harman Advance today - $100. I found it on Craigslist the twin to what I have in the living room. My glass cracked again and rather than order a glass for $100, I found a whole stove.
It was supposed to be a non working stove, but I just had to plug it in and try test mode - everything seems to work in test mode. I'll get a better look at it this weekend and try a test fire.
Good thing you live far away,LOL

Oh wow...great score indeed!!! I paid 3x as much for my P61a last year...congrats!

Well for $100 I have a semi working stove. I had to straighten out wiring, the distribution blower was on it's own 120v plug. there is no ignitor in the stove, the wire is cut. there is power on that circuit as soon as you plug the cord in.

I manually lit it to do a test burn. Every thing seems to work once it is burning but when I shut it down to the off position it just kept feeding & burning.
Any ideas? bad board? Not sure if I will use it as a parts stove for my other one or put it in the garage.